updates
March 1st 2017: MANDATORY ACTIVITY CHECK, IF NEW PLEASE CHECK ADOPTABLE IN CASE THE CHARACTER YOU WANT IS ONLY AVAILABLE THERE!
WANTED: Steve Rogers (ADOPT), Bucky Barnes (ADOPT), Eragon Shadeslayer, Saphira, THE PLOT CAN NOT PROGRESS WITHOUT THEM
credits
skin by miss texas at caution 2.0. Mini Profile by miss texas at caution 2.0. toggle sidebar by subdevo. cfs script by black. Affiliation Banner by Calypso at Caution 2.0

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

Superman's Got Nothin' On Me, (Supergirl/Kara!)
Maxwell Lord
 Posted: Apr 19 2016, 08:29 PM
Maxwell Lord
Civilian
""I swore from that moment on, that if I could protect people, if I could save them I wouldn't wait for permission. I would act.""
CEO of Lord Technologies
Maxwell Lord
Shade
is Offline.

When National City, no his Earth, collided with an entirely different Earth it wasn’t Supergirl or even Superman who had calmed this new world they presided in. it wasn’t either of the Kryptonians, Cat Grant, or even this world’s established heroes who was able to convince this new merged Earth that everything was going to be fine. Hell it wasn’t even the governments that were able to satisfy the merger of the two and create new maps and satellites to deal with the cities that popped up here or the entirely new nations. It was Maxwell Lord. Without him the transition would not have been nearly as seamless as it was; with his quick thinking and scientific/business centric mind he, along with some help was able to fully merge the two new worlds into one within two weeks of their arrival.

It was only after that the problems started to truly appear for Maxwell Lord. He had an entire new history to learn for this world and don’t even get him started on the currency exchange. Apparently they had all Male Presidents on this world. That wasn’t even the most surprising thing he came across in his research. There was an entire team. No teams of heroes that ‘worked’, and that was stressing the word, together to stop threats to the world to cities and things like that but from what he saw they really just cleaned up their own problems and he had met the infamous ‘Iron Man’ or Tony Stark a week back when he visited the merged New Yorks to help in the process. Needless to say he was definitely not a fan of the alcoholic play-boy. These ‘Avengers’ weren’t the only heroes in this world either as it seemed ‘The Flash’ who had made an appearance in his world was originally from here, meaning he’d need to somehow run tests on Central City to see if his run into their world plus the effects of Myriad had anything to do with the merger.

Skipping over all the ‘teams’ and ‘heroes’ from the other cities the most truly shocking piece of information that Maxwell had run across was that Gods existed. Gods with an S, as in plural. Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Norse, they were all real and had little bastard children running around trying to save the world from actual monsters. This world needed his help a hell of a lot more than his own ever did and now that they were combined into one? Well, Maxwell Lord never backed out on his promises and he had promised to do whatever it took to keep the world safe. Luckily for him it seemed this world was a tad bit smarter when it came to dealing with people with ‘Super Powers’ than his was and had issued a Registration Act of sorts. Too bad it took the destruction of an entire village to push the bill through the United Nations.

With his support of course. He had been an avid supporter of the Super Human Registration Act, also known as the Sakovian Accords, and it was also how he ended up in his current position. Strapped to a chair, just now gaining conscious in a dimly lit room with a camera in front of his face and his hands duct taped behind his back. He couldn’t completely hear what the guy who had kidnapped him was saying but it had something to do with freaks from the alternate Earth, corrupt businessmen using their influence to press their agendas down on those better than they are and oh my God would he shut up? Slowly and quietly as possible Max was attempting to get out of the duct tape binds on his hands, while pressing a button on his cufflink. He hated to have a direct line to the DEO and thus Supergirl but he could not listen to this maniac drawn on any longer. He’d simply have to deal with her having to save him…again.

What's a god to a non-believer?
Supergirl! | 667 Words | Max-y needs saving...again!
PM
^
Kara Danvers
 Posted: Apr 24 2016, 10:30 PM
Kara Danvers
Justice League
"Yes, but, it also stands for a Kryptonian phrase, our family motto. "El mayarah." It means, "Stronger together." You say people will see me the way they see Superman one day, but... I don't want to be a hero like him. My cousin, he's so used to going it alone, he doesn't know any other way. But I do. I see it now. You, Winn, my sister, Ms. Grant even, you've all showed me that. James, part of being your own man is knowing when to accept help."
Personal Assistant/D.E.O. Agent
Supergirl
Jennifer
is Offline.

we are stronger together
there is no shame in asking for help

Two very different Earth's collided, and despite the attempts do help make it easy on her part. Which like everything was to save people from threats. While it wasn't her expertise, she helped in any way that she could to make this merge easy enough. Of course, she wasn't scientifically as sound as those around her in the DEO. Or even Maxwell Lord, who had helped in various situations that needed it. All she could do is do what she did best. Be Supergirl. Give people hope. Right? Kara didn't try to limit how she helped. Even if it could very well be dangerous to her well being. It was the well being of others that drives her into danger.

Kara knew Maxwell's driving force behind everything he did. She didn't share the act on it first approach. After all, it took Cat Grant to help her find another way. But did anyone of them know what Myriad could do aside from that. Or what effects it had on anything like the vibrations of the Earth as a whole. While they were just getting over the Myriad attack, and the merger. She wasn't sure exactly all that she was going to face now. She just knew that there were more heroes.

Kara was called into the DEO Base without explanation. Once she was there they briefed her on the situation. Maxwell Lord had been kidnapped. Not to her surprise when she heard about that. She already knew his views on the Registration Act. His views on people like her. There were times she wanted to hit him, but she did have an understanding of were all this came in. Kara didn't expect him to change his views; but she would have thought by now that he would have learned a thing or two about her to at least think about it differently. Or was he still too set in his ways. That was fine with her. Kara was too set in her own.

Whoever this was that had taken Maxwell obviously didn't support the Registration Act. And while Kara didn't support it as it was force her to come out about who she is. While she liked the idea of being totally accepted to all that she is. All that she stood for. There were just too many threats out there. Kara didn't mind putting her life on the line for the planet and the people that she saw as her home; her family. But she didn't want to put targets on those she was the closest too.

Trying to locate Max however, was a task alright. She couldn't wait for DEO to come up with a location through their system search. "I'm heading out. If I pick up anything before hand - I will report in for back up!" she said just before she headed out. Hearing a few 'good luck, Supergirl' as she headed out. Taking flight as soon as she could.

Kara listened out for anything.

"Supergirl! We are receiving Maxwell Lord."

Kara had heard it the part of the signal that was for her to hear, and locate. Since it wasn't just to send a signal to DEO, but send out a sound that Supergirl could hear. "I am going in!" There was a strange bit of relief that Max is obviously still alive. And he was able to press the cufflink that gave him direct line to DEO. But it would also help make finding Maxwell that much easier. As she kicked up in speed towards the direction the sound was coming from.

From the moment she landed, she made her way inside the building towards the room he was being held. Taking care of anyone that tried to keep her from saving Max. Kara refused to kill - justice was better faced alive. It made them accountable for their actions that way. She could hear the guy talking. Pinning blame. And agendas. Upon entering. "And there are other ways to oppose the Registration Act without kidnapping people." Not that she could see that making a difference in the person who would kidnap a person - saying what he did. Of course, it wasn't going to be peaceful for her. While she had hoped a more to convince the person that their actions were only showing a reason for the Registration Act. And hopefully getting Maxwell released that way. Kara had to fight the person, and she rendered them unconscious she looked at Maxwell Lord.

Kara made sure he was okay quickly as she rounded him to free his hands. She wasn't sure just what she was dealing with. Or who would be responsible for kidnapping a man that was a avid supporter of the Registration Act. She didn't know what she was dealing with; or the time she had before they came too. But she knew DEO was simply on their way to the location to assist or even to apprehend. She just knew she had to free Max.

tag: Maxwell Lord • words: 832
Notes: Sorry it took long to get a reply up for you. I hope it is okay! I am always unsure about my replies. So, if there is something that needs to be fixed let me know in a pm, and I will work on it.

PMEmail
^
Maxwell Lord
 Posted: May 3 2016, 12:57 PM
Maxwell Lord
Civilian
""I swore from that moment on, that if I could protect people, if I could save them I wouldn't wait for permission. I would act.""
CEO of Lord Technologies
Maxwell Lord
Shade
is Offline.

“You are oh so screwed.” The businessman stated to his captor when he heard the sound of a sonic boom come from overhead. It seemed that a certain Supergirl had finally found him. It took her long enough. Actually calculating the time it took him to activate the signal in his cufflink and for him to hear the sound she was not going nearly as fast as she possibly could. Perhaps the different frequency of this newly merged Earth or the still adjusting physics were what was slowing her down? Maybe she thought he could handle it all by himself? Or, perhaps the most intriguing option, she did not go nearly as fast as she could because a small part of her truly did not want to save him. Not even her cousin was as selfless as she proclaimed to be.

When the fighting or rather the frantic actions of the armed thugs and the swift deliverance of justice from the blonde alien sounded from outside the door a sly smile made its way onto Max’s face. The way the man tensed up and looked as if he was about ready to figuratively shit himself was priceless. That wasn’t even getting to the sheer confusion that was evident in everything he was doing. Here he was, in his mind, protesting the Registration Act showing the world or the possibly thousands (a high number really) of people that were watching his broadcast what he believed the pro-Registration people were truly like and one of his beloved heroes were coming to swoop in and beat the snot out of him. To save the evil, vile, corrupt and no good businessman who only wanted to control the World’s Heroes . . . or whatever else personas he concocted in his mind for Max.

When the man was knocked unconscious the aforementioned businessman was slightly saddened. He had hoped to be able to look the man in the eyes as all of his viewers, however few they may have been, looked on as Maxwell berated him and mocked him for the ignorant fool and savage he was. To show them all that he was exactly the type of person the world’s ‘Heroes’ would be dealing with when the United Nations actually passed the Registration Act. Alas it was not meant to be. “In she flew; golden hair billowing in the wind to save the day. Took you long enough Supergirl.” He said having removed his restraints on his hands and was currently working on unwrapping his legs before standing up and flashing her a smartass smile. “If you’ll excuse me for a moment I believe we still have some viewers to deal with.”

Walking over to where the camera was, and making sure it was still recording and broadcasting, he knelt down in front of it and started talking. “For everyone watching my name is Maxwell Lord, CEO of Lord Technologies and from Earth-3 as you have taken to calling it, yes the one that merged with your own, and yes I am also a supporter of the Superhuman Registration Act as this fellow so grandly put it.” He panned the camera over to the unconscious man making damn sure that they all saw Supergirl standing not too far away before continuing. “As you can see however it does not matter who you are battery, assault with a deadly weapon, and kidnapping are all serious crimes. Ones that the police, or even other Heroes like Supergirl here will but a stop to. Especially when the Registration Act is passed. The world will be a much safer place.” Here he turned off the camera and ended the recording before standing up and turning to Supergirl. “So, where exactly are we? I’m assuming some old abandoned factory on the outskirts of National City? Radicals like this always like the clichés.”

Supergirl! | 644 Words | Sorry for the late reply!
PM
^
Kara Danvers
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 03:40 PM
Kara Danvers
Justice League
"Yes, but, it also stands for a Kryptonian phrase, our family motto. "El mayarah." It means, "Stronger together." You say people will see me the way they see Superman one day, but... I don't want to be a hero like him. My cousin, he's so used to going it alone, he doesn't know any other way. But I do. I see it now. You, Winn, my sister, Ms. Grant even, you've all showed me that. James, part of being your own man is knowing when to accept help."
Supergirl
Jennifer
is Offline.

we are stronger together

Did she want to hurt people? No. It just happened to be that way. Especially when it was saving someone from a radical group. People that have taken a unlawful and unjust actions to make a point. There was no good that comes from acts like this. It is what made situations 100x worse then when things started. It gave people like Maxwell, their beliefs. While she didn't agree with the Registration Act, she might have understood the reasons they had in putting this together. Kara didn't have to like it. It was one of the many reasons that she wanted to be as careful as she can in the process of helping; so no one got hurt. But she knew that acting on it wrong could very well prove the reasons behind it. Instead of showing the reasons that would make everything about it wrong. And crude.

But people like this acted on pure emotion. Not putting much thought into their actions. And she could see that their were many all acting on gut. She knew that their were some that questioned the worthiness of people who were saved. But she didn't question reasons. She wished that she could help people. Give them hope. Prove otherwise that actions need to be of thought. Not to harm. There was always another way! And that was something she had hoped would come about.

Fighting her way to get to where Max is being held didn't take much. She could see the expressions on their faces. As someone like her was saving someone like Max. While she didn't agree with him about things; she certainly knew the driving force behind his decisions. His actions. The reason he supported things like the Registration Act. Kara had also worked with him on saving their city. That count for something. He had come through on some situations, and helped. While she could not share the same beliefs on things. He wasn't that bad. He had helped her get a message out that broke the hold of Myriad on the people of National City. And when it came down to it; she had trusted him to not say anything about her odds of surviving; when she would risk her own life to save others.

She didn't know quite what to make of how things are between each other. She could not say he was a friend of hers. And she figured he would never think of her as a friend as well. But they were able to look past things enough to work together. "It took you long enough to activate the signal. There is nothing wrong with my timing." Kara said as she helped him. Debating on keeping him restrained. But knowing it would be wrong to keep him like that. "Those were easy access!" Kara said in a smart ass tone in response.

Kara couldn't help the slight sigh. The man didn't need more encouragement. He was full of himself! She did nothing to stop him. Not like she could. Kara had learned to pick her battles as wisely as she could. Some you could win. Others she knew she would lose.

Kara watched as he walked over to where the camera is. If this was any indication of what to expect before, during, and after the Registration Act is passed. She would probably be saving him a few more times as he eggs on some other groups that feel the same way these guys did.

Supergirl didn't want to stand for beating people up. She wanted to stand for justice. Helping people in need. She heard as he had continued after showing the aftermath of what happens when people use negative actions. The wrong actions. Crime was never a way to make a point. Not when there was a more peaceful way to go about things. Kara heard as Max pointed out that heroes like her would put a stop to the battery, assault, and kidnapping. But she wished he didn't put himself out there like this in a means to rally up those who just might take on those actions. Did he see her as a hero? Or was he just being a smart ass like always? Especially, when he had always tested her. She was not the aliens he feared. She was not his enemy. She just hoped that he knew that in his own way. Or at least learned what kind of person she is.

"I am beginning to think you almost like this too much!" She said once he turned off the camera. "The attention!" She added as he turned to her. But, before she could continue from that he asked where exactly are they. As he gave his assumptions about the where. She nodded. He was right! "It's probably a good thing they like the cliches. But, you never know. There could be some out there that are not into the cliches. So, we never know who we are dealing with." It was best to be careful. She could not afford for this to go badly.

tag: Maxwell Lord • words: 848
Notes:--- I am sorry! I could have sworn that I replied to this thread long before now. Forgive me, this reply is not as good as the one that should have been posted a while ago. But, its a re-write and I always feel my re-writes are terrible.

PMEmail
^
Maxwell Lord
 Posted: Sep 22 2016, 10:46 AM
Maxwell Lord
Civilian
CEO of Lord Technologies
Maxwell Lord
Shade
is Offline.

He was right about the location it seemed, and of course he was. These people were organized enough to knock him out and kidnap him underneath the noise of his security team, which just meant he’d need to fire everyone responsible and hire a new team, but this was obviously the first time they had done something like this. He could respect their resourcefulness but someone was obviously pulling the strings here. Someone other than the unconscious man who a few minutes prior had been blabbering on and on about how much of a menace Max was and how oh so wrong the Registration Act was. No, that man may have thought he was in charge but with how quickly Supergirl here disposed of them there was no way this was not the first time any of them had done this.

As for him enjoying the attention. Well, never pass up a good moment he always believed. “The kidnapping I could do without that much is certain, as for the attention well. You were the one who wanted to go on all the television networks, radio waves, and even computer screens.” He shot back with a shit eating grin. Sure, her plan had worked and saved the world . . . only for it to merge with another one a few days later but that was beside the point. The point was if he liked the attention than she absolutely loved it. Her and her cousin. That big S on their chests and the fact that neither of them wore masks, which made him seriously question the intelligence of everyone on the planet. Seriously. A pair of glasses and stumbling around was supposed to keep their identities secret? He may be one of the smartest people on two worlds now but he’d like to believe the human race wasn’t that stupid. This was one of the moments where they of course disappointed him apparently.

Her second point however did have some truth behind the words though. As he walked around and checked over the bodies of the unconscious men, getting looks at their wallets and other identifying marks that his eidetic memory would be able to recall at a later date to help piece everything together he replied. “You’re right, we don’t know what we’re dealing with here. These fools are clearly not smart enough to pull something like this off.” He illustrated this point by holding up the driver’s license of one of the kidnappers before continuing. “They didn’t pull this off on their own, they didn’t supply the guns used or the building and they sure as hell didn’t plan this.” He stopped in a kneeling position and looked over at the ‘speaker’ with his hand on his chin. “Well he perhaps planned the speech he was giving but other than that no one here was the true mastermind. Someone else was.”

Who exactly that was or why they went after Maxwell himself he wasn’t quite sure. It could simply have been a moment of opportunity, both plans aligning together but that left too much up for coincidence. His experience was that there was no such thing as coincidence though so that left that out. Walking through the door and into the outside he suppressed a laugh and a smile when he noticed how right he had been about the location of his kidnapping. Removing a phone from his pocket that he had picked off the ‘leader’ of the men he quickly figured out the passcode and pulled up the phone application and called his helicopter for pick up before looking through the messages. Supergirl coming along side him he tossed her the phone. “Password is 021485, seems our speaker is a Valentine’s Day baby. Or someone he knows is. Point is give that to Lane and figure out who hired these idiots. I’d like to know who has it out for me. Unless of course it was all to lure you out. That’d be a nice twist.”

Supergirl! | 670 Words | Speaking of late replies xD
PM
^
Kara Danvers
 Posted: Sep 29 2016, 04:42 AM
Kara Danvers
Justice League
Supergirl
Jennifer
is Offline.

we are stronger together

Kara couldn't help but think about the situation. Maxwell Lord had a security team; still he was kidnapped. She wasn't sure how that was even possible. Part of her just wanted to ask Max a few things. Like how? Was his security team compromised? She wasn't sure if he had thought about that himself. But he should. Maybe even to a point that he checks into it further. Was she concerned? Yes. She didn't have to like or agree with him to be concerned for a person safety. That was just how she is. That is what separated her from so many others.

Kara could understand the feelings about being kidnapped. She figured that much out; but she wasn't talking about that. The man loved attention is what she purely meant. From her observations in the past; he always took advantage of that attention to get his point across. Making her wonder if that was why he was personally targeted. After all, he supported the Registration Act. Clearly these people did not. And they were not alone. There were a great deal of people; including her - that saw pros and cons to the Act. It was very questionable. Leaving enough reasons to doubt its future effectiveness in protecting innocent people. As villains never followed the rules. Leaving heroes no other option then to act on what will work. Forcing them to cross the line. Nothing good can happen. And she should know. She has tried her best to make the right choices and actions that would protect people around them.

"I was doing that for a reason! It was the only way..." She expressed. "It worked!" Kara pointed out. She was well aware that he was grinning. Most likely to pull her chain. Or maybe there was someone who had a sense of humor. Giving her a hard time.

Kara watched Max momentarily. Taking a moment to glance around. If they both could find anything. Clues. Whatever could put them in the right direction to who could be responsible. It would not be the mastermind behind this. But these kind of people were not a mastermind. They would leave something. Or that was Kara's hope. The words 'you're right' came as a shock to Kara. Especially when they come from Max. "Could they have been cut loose on this one; just in case it failed - in hopes to maybe keep the mastermind from being discovered." Of course that meant these guys must have been mindless drones to actually follow that plan. It bothered her to think of anyone just doing; knowing the end result was this. The things people did. Made her wonder just how people can blindly follow.

Kara didn't believe in coincidence. But figuring the reasons for kidnapping Max. Was this person aware that she would go to the rescue. Were they studying her. Which means that they could not be of her earth. Anyone from her earth would have known what she could do. They had both her and her cousin. So, this only left her with more questions and less answers.

Kara followed behind Max; heading out the door - to the outside. Walking along side Maxwell; catching a phone he had tossed to her. She figured he could figure out something. She wasn't shocked. However, she could not see a man making Valentine's Day as a password simply for their birthday. But she could see it being someone who is significant in the persons life. Family relations. Be it wife or child. It could have been something like that. "I will give this to Lane right away!" Kara responds. Nodding an agreement to the point of him wanting to know who has it out for him. A slight roll of her eyes as he pointed out the possible chance it could have been to lure her out. "You know it wouldn't take much to lure me out. I am about helping people. Maxwell. By now.... You of all people should know that." She paused. Kara wasn't sure if that could be reasons. Both the fact he is Maxwell, and to lure her out. Or the meaning behind having it that way.

"DEO is going to look over the location for more." Kara was certain of that. "Should help in getting what clues that we can. Hopefully the answers to why they kidnapped you. - I am just wondering how they managed that. You have a security team! That should have made it harder for them. So, I am wondering if your security team might have been compromised on the inside. I think the only way we can find out what really is going on is working together. Whatever, you find out about your security team; it could be key to finding out more."

tag: Maxwell Lord • words: 796
Notes: LMAO. You know I can't get on you about being late - when I am guilty of that first. Your forgiven! xD Hope my reply is okay!

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

List of Members
RPG-D Top RP Sites Destiny's Way RPG MWFT X-Men/Avengers Roleplay WONT BACK DOWN Infinity Rising Search & Destroy Arrow New Beginnings Star Wars - The Force Awakens FIDELIUS EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED A Sky Full of Stars Black Static: A lit/adv Naruto AU
The Huge World of Harry Potter--------> MORE SCROLLING AFFILIATES HERE!!
skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc