updates
March 1st 2017: MANDATORY ACTIVITY CHECK, IF NEW PLEASE CHECK ADOPTABLE IN CASE THE CHARACTER YOU WANT IS ONLY AVAILABLE THERE!
WANTED: Steve Rogers (ADOPT), Bucky Barnes (ADOPT), Eragon Shadeslayer, Saphira, THE PLOT CAN NOT PROGRESS WITHOUT THEM
credits
skin by miss texas at caution 2.0. Mini Profile by miss texas at caution 2.0. toggle sidebar by subdevo. cfs script by black. Affiliation Banner by Calypso at Caution 2.0

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Add Reply
New Poll

You don't know how to stay, Grant <3
Daisy Johnson
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 09:45 AM
Daisy Johnson
S.H.I.E.L.D Agent
"I REMEMBER YEARS AGO, SOMEONE I SHOULD TAKE CAUTION WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, I DID. AND YOU WERE STRONG AND I WAS NOT, MY ILLUSION, MY MISTAKE; I WAS CARELESS, I FORGOT, I DID. AND NOW WHEN ALL IS DONE THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY; YOU HAVE GONE ON SO EFFORTLESSLY YOU HAVE WON"
SHIELD Agent
Quake
Daisy
is Offline.

You've been wishing but you don't know how to stay

The light dims without regret so now you're nothing more than a silhouette. But just hold quick you're fading right in a cold trick of the light, I'm just so sick I thought you might be here but you disappear. Now I wake up and I forget that you are gone, a phantom limb is all that I am hanging on. So don't stop, no stopping yet what if the one true love is the one that you get? And you've been wishing but you don't know how to stay, and I've been broken but I'm better every day.

Being on an assignment with Grant Ward was not exactly what she would have called fun on a normal day, but given the fact that he had promised her that he would no longer lie to her and stupidly, she believed him, she had no valid reason to believe that she was under any form of threat. That did not stop her remaining armed, though.

Daisy wasn't stupid. She knew that his allegiances lay in all of the wrong places more often than not and she wasn't willing to let anything slide; if he wanted her forgiveness he was going to earn it the proper way and he was going to have to remain true to his word. If she even thought for a second that he was lying to her or leading her into any form of trap, she had a back up plan in place she had a feeling he would not like.

Though in all honesty, neither would she. She frowned softly at the thought though as she shook her head. It didn't really matter what she had to do, not when it conflicted so badly with what she wanted to do and she wanted to trust him; she wanted to believe the person that she knew was in there somewhere and that he wasn't just lying to her for the sake of lying. She knew the lengths that Grant Ward could go to in order to get what he wanted.

But there had been an undeniable sincerity about him when he'd promised her that never again would he tell her a lie, she had seen it in his eyes; she knew that he loved her and no matter how hard she tried to bury it, she loved him, too. It wasn't a straight forward love story by any means, though. She knew that he was dangerous but there was a softness there when it came to her that had her believing that he would no more see harm come to her than he would himself.

But then she wasn't sure either that in a situation where it was her life or his, he'd choose to let her live and choose to take the bullet for her; she didn't look that much into that supposed soul of his, it was probably safer for her that way. She'd known the dangers of a person like that for a hell of a long time. Grant Ward couldn't be trusted simply because he insisted that he wouldn't lie to her. He needed to prove it.

And proving it would not be easy. Turning to look at him, Daisy released a slow sigh. "If you've got some kind of ill intent, it won't end well for you." she couldn't help the soft warning; she didn't want it to come to that. She had to believe that there was still some goddamn good in him... It made all of this pointless if there wasn't. "I don't want to see anyone die today so lets just-- Let's not, okay? Just for once, promise me that you meant it. Promise me you aren't lying to me."

She wasn't sure why the hell she needed to hear it so badly, she just knew that she did.

PM
^
Grant Ward
 Posted: Jan 27 2016, 10:44 PM
"You and I aren't that Different..."
Hydra Leader
Super Spy
David
is Offline.

It's Too Late to Apologise
I'm holdin' on your rope, got me ten feet off the ground
Grant had been surprised.. no more than surprised, thrilled, to see Skye without her shooting him or him shooting her. Here he had been, just minding his own business, playing a game of pool by himself, when Daisy had walked in and asked him for help. Him. Grant Ward, Head of Hydra, the guy who had betrayed her and played with her heart strings to get what he needed. The guy who had broken her heart. She needed his help.. so suddenly she was no longer an Agent of SHIELD, and he was no Longer Head of Hydra. She was Skye, and he was Ward, her SO.. her rock. He had of course agreed to help, this being the chance he had hoped for, while at the same time knowing it would never come. of course he told his Hydra goons that he was just using her for information, however that had been a lie.. he was so good at telling lies.

What Skye was to him.. well it was simple. She had seen something in him no one else.. including him, had seen. That had broken his shell, the armor he wore around his heart, thicker than Iron Man's, yet like how Skye had hacked into Stark servers, she had found a way to break into that armor, left a lasting impression, so much so that Grant had almost left Hydra.. had he not had to break Garrett out of prison, he might have stayed SHIELD. However after that had happened, he knew he had no way out.. and now SHIELD would never accept him back.. so what could he do except start up Hydra against after the Avengers brought it down, he could not spend the rest of his life in a cell, or in hiding from SHIELD.

So this was his chance to prove to Skye that he was loyal to her, and would never hurt her again. SO of course he agreed to help her out. Just like the old days when the two of them went into the field together. Having each others back. Grant hid his excitement, trying to pass it off as another assignment. So Grant played off no emotion when she double checked that he was not going to harm her, saying "Skye, I may have taught you, but I did not teach you everything I know. I know more about you than you probably know about yourself. It is not fear of you that will keep me from harming you and you know this."

Grant did not smile when she said she did not want anyone killed today, instead he said "I am fully capable of not killing Skye, I did work for SHIELD for many years remember? Saved Peterson's life instead of just killing him, I think I can take down some HIV without killing them. I am not lying to you. I know you have no reason to believe me, but since I developed feelings for you, I have not told you any lies. if I could not tell you, I left hints so you would find out on your own." As he mentioned the HIV, he realized he had no idea what the mission was, so he broached the subject

"You are leading this Skye, I am just the muscle and here to make sure you don't kill yourself. However I need to know. What is the mission? Also, I am curious.. did Coulson authorize this, or did you go behind his back again?"

words: ### | tag: Skye| notes: I'm telling you, he will never call her Daisy.. she is Skye to him XD
PM
^
Daisy Johnson
 Posted: Jan 29 2016, 02:16 PM
Daisy Johnson
S.H.I.E.L.D Agent
"I REMEMBER YEARS AGO, SOMEONE I SHOULD TAKE CAUTION WHEN IT COMES TO LOVE, I DID. AND YOU WERE STRONG AND I WAS NOT, MY ILLUSION, MY MISTAKE; I WAS CARELESS, I FORGOT, I DID. AND NOW WHEN ALL IS DONE THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY; YOU HAVE GONE ON SO EFFORTLESSLY YOU HAVE WON"
SHIELD Agent
Quake
Daisy
is Offline.

The light dims without regret so now you're nothing more than a silhouette. But just hold quick you're fading right in a cold trick of the light, I'm just so sick I thought you might be here but you disappear. Now I wake up and I forget that you are gone, a phantom limb is all that I am hanging on. So don't stop, no stopping yet what if the one true love is the one that you get? And you've been wishing but you don't know how to stay, and I've been broken but I'm better every day.

The worst part of the whole ordeal with her and Ward was how clearly she remembered the pain. She remembered the sting of that betrayal and how much she'd hoped against every logical, rational part of her that it wasn't true but you couldn't outrun the truth for long. Sooner or later, the truth had to have its day and she had to face the monster underneath the mask of a man that she'd fallen in love with.

And that was not an easy thing for her to do. She had wanted for so long to believe the best in him and believe that he wasn't as bad as everyone - and himself - made him out to be, but how could she? She didn't know where the hell to turn to. Se didn't know who she could - or could not - trust as the case may be, and that made the whole thing a thousand times harder for her. She'd felt once like there was a connection between the two of them.

But the more that she looked at that supposed connection now, the less she saw it and the more she saw the evil that he was apparently capable of being and she didn't want that; she wanted to allow herself o be jaded again and to believe the good in someone that had fought so hard to convince her that she had a place within SHIELD. It had been the first place that she'd truly belonged and he knew that. He knew that she had been nothing but a displaced child and he'd preyed on that fact.

She wished that she could hate him for it, but she had to turn that anger inwardly because he had been able to do so because she had allowed it. She hadn't shielded her feelings for him as well as she should have and because of that, she'd faced consequences for that and she'd had her heart broken, her friends almost killed and her faith in herself shaken for the longest of times and coming back from that had been hard; it was no wonder that sat here now every alarm bell as ringing in her mind.

"Don't pretend you're some expert on who I am just because my father put you on a quest to bring me into his crazy world." Skye shot back irritably; she wished the hell that he'd just call her Daisy like everyone else. She had been trying to stay away from being Skye since Skye had been responsible for the death of her friend when she'd gone through terrigenesis - again thanks to Grant Ward and her father - and Skye had become just another person that she did not know.

Daisy was her chance to start over. "No. Coulson has no idea I'm here and if you raise you gun and I don't tell you to? I'll make sure your hands turn to dust; this is my show. My mission and you're here because I need help and I don't know who else to turn to that won't leave me wishing I hadn't afterward." though this could very well end up like that anyway; she knew that when she'd first decided to embark on this little quest of hers but putting her team at risk wasn't an option.

"So now that we have that settled answer my question: Can I trust you? Are your feelings for me real enough for you to want to help me? Because I think that someone wants to hurt me and I need to stop them before they do; not everyone has been thrilled about my transformation and I don't have any desire to be on anyone's hitlist." Not his, Not HYDRA's, Not SHIELD's or anyone else's for that matter. She did not want to die. Not at all.

PM
^
Grant Ward
 Posted: Jan 30 2016, 08:08 PM
Hydra Leader
Super Spy
David
is Offline.

Grant knew he had hurt her. In more ways than one. He had made a lot of mistakes in his past. Those he could own up to.. at least to her. He had never admitted his mistakes to Coulson.. or Garrett, or anyone. Not even Katherine Warren, whom he had been close to before he had met Skye. Hydra didn't understand him.. SHIELD hadn't understood him. Only Skye had ever understood him. The him that he had been in SHIELD had been closer to the real him than the Him that he had been since SHIELD had fallen. He acted like he did not have a heart, when in truth he did have one which had been hurt so much he let no one it.. no one but Skye.

This was why he was working with her now. it wasn't lust.. it wasn't to try and turn her to Hydra.. or gain information on SHIELD, like he should being Head of Hydra and all that. He was doing this because he loved her, and truely wanted to be with her. He had no choice when it came to the war between Hydra and SHIELD. Phil Coulson would never allow him to rejoin SHIELD like he wished to. The most he could hope for was his memory being erased and him being set free. In which case Hydra would hunt him down and kill him.. and he would forget about Skye.. which was something he did not want. That was one reason he had run back to Hydra after he had helped SHIELD that last time.

Grant smiled a half smile towards her when she assumed the reason he knew so much about her. "Despite what you believe Skye, I did not get close to you for your father. Your father asked me to bring you to him after he learned of how close we were. What I know about you I learned for my own reasons." He knew her powers had scared her.. and he knew now that she had control over them, she had come to accept them more. He personally had nothing to do with why she was what she was, so really, she had no reason to blame him, save being hurt by what he had done.

Grant raised an eyebrow at her next statement about him raising his gun.. and Coulson.. and him. He said "That is very touching Skye, that you know you can not regret having my help. However I will not promise to not raise my gun unless you tell me to, for that is how I have survived so long. I do promise, however, that I will not jeopardize the mission, and only shoot when I have to. That is my offer, either take it, or find another person to aid you in this off the books mission." He crossed his arms over his chest. While he did not want to be sent away, he knew his own skills and how he could use them in this mission. If she wouldn't allow him to defend himself.. he would rather live and try again later to earn her trust back.

To answer her last question Grant said "Yes to everything. You can trust me. I have never done anything to purposely hurt you. You can't say the same can you? I turned on Hydra for you.. and you re-payed with with three bullets in my chest. However you are in danger, so yes, I will aid you in killing this guy." He smiled and cracked his knuckles "Okay boss, whats the plan"

words: 595 | tag: Skye | notes: go here
PM
^
Daisy Johnson
 Posted: Feb 14 2016, 01:28 PM
Daisy Johnson
S.H.I.E.L.D Agent
SHIELD Agent
Quake
Daisy
is Offline.

As she studied him a part of her wanted to trust him but the other part wanted to arrest him and be done with it; she'd likely be better off if she did the latter but this was Skye. She wasn't going to do that and he knew it, which all in all just made her all the more angry at him inwardly.

She'd never project that outwardly though; she didn't want him knowing just how much he got to her. He didn't get to have that power anymore. Once upon a time, he knew. He knew just how much she'd cared for him even if she'd been hesitant about it but that day had changed all of their lives and not necessarily for the better, either. She couldn't help but regret that just a little bit as she looked back now. She should have been smarter.

She knew that. She knew that she should never have trusted anyone for their outward appearances, especially not someone that appealed to the little lost child inside of her. She wasn't that stupid... She knew better. She had spent her entire life trying to work people out and keep them at arms length but yet here she was feeling like she had never been more open or more exposed in her whole life than she was when she was around him.

She shook her head though, because that thought in and of itself made absolutely no sense. He did not have power over her. He did not get to have power over her. She narrowed her eyes at his words though as she fought to stay still. She knew that she should just walk away... God, life would be so much easier for her if she didn't care for him for a damn but she knew that it was an impossible wish. Some people simply got under your skin.

And there was nothing that you could do to shake them. It didn't matter how hard you tried, evidently. "So what were they? You learned all about me because what, you thought we'd have some happily ever after? Raise a couple of kids on a farm down south with ponies and a goddamn apple tree?" She couldn't keep the sting out of her words though; it was the kind of life that she knew that she'd never get to experience.

It was the kind of life and family that she' always wanted, too, but that wasn't an option for people like her, and she sure as hell didn't believe that she was going to be the hero of the story that redeemed the villain. "Now you decide to have a moral compass. Last time I checked you didn't have any problems killing just for the sake of doing it; I don't plan on anyone dying for this. It doesn't matter what you say, there has to be another way."

SHIELD stood for that other way. She stood for that other way. "If you turn on me so help me God I will kill you myself this time; I shot you because you nearly killed my friends. I shot you because you stood for everything I stood against and you chose the wrong team. I don't-- I didn't want you to die, Ward. I had no idea what'd happen when I shot but I knew I didn't want you to die, so right now I have to count on the fact that you don't want me to, either."

PM
^
Grant Ward
 Posted: Feb 15 2016, 12:16 AM
Hydra Leader
Super Spy
David
is Offline.

Why had Grant Ward grown so close to Skye? That was a question many at Hydra had asked him, as well as SHIELD, as well as himself. What good did he think it would do. He knew Hydra was close to revealing itself when he met her, yet he still liked her and grew close to her. It wasn't smart of him, yet he had still done it. Why? He did not know. Something.. something made him not think and just do, which went against everything he had ever been trained to do.

So when she posed him that question, for the first time, he did not seem sure of himself, or was cocky in any sort of way. He just said "That is a question I have asked myself many times Skye. I was trained never to do something before thinking.. but with you I didn't think. I could be myself.. or the self I wished I really was. I told many lies in those days Skye.. but anything concerning my feelings for you were the utmost truth I could ever tell. My Whole life is lies, but you are the only truth." This was the truth as well. He promised never to lie to her again, and so far had kept his word.. whether she believed this or not was up to her though.

Grant let loose a small sigh when she was being stubborn about this. She always had her own ideas of how to do things, and wouldn't let anyone tell her different. From the moment he met her she had been suborn. So why should it be any different now? However he said "I always had a moral compass.. I just chose to not let it rule me. I also have to play my part. You can't survive in Hydra without being willing to kill without question, whether I like it or not. I will kill if I have to though, no matter which organization I am pretending to ally with. As I said, I will stay my trigger finger if I do not need to kill someone, but I will not put my life or yours in danger just to save someone I don't even know."

Grant tried to keep his cool, because he really did deserve all this, but it was beginning to get on his nerves "I love you too Skye, Really I do. However When you shot me I was ON YOUR SIDE. I was team SHIELD at the time. More importantly team SKYE. I had just saved your life and rescued you. Say what you want about your reasoning, but when you put three bullets in someone's chest, its to kill them. I barely survived. I do not want to see you dead though, because I knew I deserved that. You tried to kill me, and I hurt you terribly when I betrayed you. I think that makes us even now. I have shown time and time again that I am on your side.. so please, trust me.. and give me another chance"

words: ### | tag: SKye | notes: go here
PM
^
Daisy Johnson
 Posted: Jul 2 2016, 02:08 PM
Daisy Johnson
S.H.I.E.L.D Agent
SHIELD Agent
Quake
Daisy
is Offline.

She knew that she should walk away; it would be better for the both of them if she could just walk away and leave all of this in the past. She knew that she should not need answers. She knew that she should not be here seeking out understanding for what he had done or what he had become but yet here she was still willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

She knew that she shouldn't be; the past spoke for itself and yet when she found herself in an hour of need he happened to be the person that she turned to when she felt that uncertainty. He was the person that she seemed to run to when she felt like she needed someone. How come he was the person that she turned to? Did she really need to include herself in that morally grey area of life when she already questioned so much about herself?

She blew out a slow, irritated sigh as she closed her eyes; her hands balled into fists as she mulled over her own thoughts. She could hear the clatter around her, it was far too noisy out here for her to be able to think straight but then maybe that was a good thing; maybe it was a good thing that she couldn't think straight out here because then she could get lost in all of the noise.

"So you expect me to what? Believe that I made you human somehow? You were the one that chose to stab your friends in the back and walk away; you were the one that decided they weren't going to do the right thing." he was the one that claimed that he loved her. He was the one that claimed that she made him a better person and yet he did no end of things that went to the contrary of that; was it a wonder that she didn't believe in him when he said he loved her?

She did love him though and she knew it. She loved him when he was Grant Ward and a part of her loved him when he was this person, too. Not that that stopped her wishing like hell that she didn't. She wished like hell that she could get away from feeling this toward him. She should hate him. She knew that she should hate him. A part of her truly wanted to hate him because it would be easier and it would make a whole hell of a lot more sense.

"I want to. I hate that I want to. I hate that I wanna give you another chance and I want to believe what you're saying to me because I know that I shouldn't; I shouldn't care about you and I shouldn't want you to prove to me that there's more to you than what people see. I want you to prove to me that there's more to you than some HYDRA goon running around guns-a-blazing ready to take down the nearest person who won't snap a salute and say Heil evil!"

But that made no sense. "This is the last chance you get, Grant. This is the last time I'm going to stand here and say that I'm willing to forgive your sins and make a difference." This was the one chance that she could give him; this was the only one she would.

PM
^
Grant Ward
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 10:20 AM
Hydra Leader
Super Spy
David
is Offline.

The Past was in the Past. Grant knew this. He did not tend to dwell on the past. At least when it came to the Hydra/ SHIELD mess that he had gotten himself into. There were things in his past that he was not proud of.. things that haunted him. Skye knew this.. as did Garrett, which was what allowed him to brainwash Grant into believing Hydra was the only life for him. However when he joined Coulson's team and grew close to Skye, he learned.. he learned that SHIELD could be the life for him. However Garrett had his claws too deep, and there was nothing Grant could do about it. He was not proud of what he had done, however if he had to he would do it again. He chose life.

He let loose a small chuckle "I was always human. However you made me realize that Hydra may not have been the only life for me.. that I had a good one with SHIELD, with you. However I owed Garrett my life.. or so I thought at the time.. so I had to continue with Hydra. By leaving them I would be betraying my 'friends' I may not be as loyal as you like, but at least I stayed loyal for a time." He was at least loyal to Skye.. and would do almost anything for her.... almost.

Grant had to resist his urge to roll his eyes at what she said about him being a hydra goon. He wasn't. Hydra was a means of survival, not a choice he made for his own ideals. Both Hydra and SHIELD were wrong. There needed to be someone who was in the middle. Who was willing to do more than SHIELD, but not as crude and religious as Hydra. So he said "For now, I am a Skye goon." He placed a hand over his heart and pronounced "Hail Skye"

He was glad for the last chance, however he was not going to give her a million thank you's for it. It was only logical. She needed his help, so of course she would need to give him another chance. He knew that did not stop him being glad of course. He however nodded and said "As long as you promise not to shoot me again without real reason to, than I think we will be good." he had least had not shot her before.. unless he had real reason to.

words: ### | tag: Skye | notes: go here

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

List of Members
RPG-DTop RP Sites Destiny's Way RPGMWFTX-Men/Avengers RoleplayWONT BACK DOWNInfinity RisingSearch & DestroyMarvel/DC Rise and FallArrow New BeginningsStar Wars - The Force Awakens FideliusEVERYTHING HAS CHANGEDA Sky Full of StarsBlack Static: A lit/adv Naruto AU
The Huge World of Harry Potter--------> MORE SCROLLING AFFILIATES HERE!!
skinned by miss texas at caution, shine, & cc